“Robots will be able to do everything better than us.”
— Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla and SpaceX
Robotics is a fun way to introduce children to mechanical engineering and computer programming. Robotics integrates the concepts of both engineering and computer programming, and is therefore an excellent STEM tool for students to bridge the gap between computer science and engineering.
The pathway starts with the basics and gradually advances from using coding programs via a simple drag and drop interface to developing complex algorithms. iGeners design and build programmable robots using high quality motors, sensors, gears, wheels, axles, and other technical components with LEGO SPIKE.
iGener’s will learn…
- The Engineering design process
- Programs to make the robot move, detect objects, etc.
- How to design & build structurally sound robots
- Gearing ratios and other engineering concepts
- Controlling robot responses through sensors and programming
- How to write codes to optimize robot performance
- Decision making structures
- Team building and problem solving strategies
- Visual programming with the LEGO SPIKE software
- Program and utilize different sensors
- Structural design skills
- Use proper gear ratios to create speed or torque
- Implement analog and digital sensors to accomplish tasks
- Identify programming control structures
- Participate in robotics challenges similar to popular robotics competition