“Notice what children are in and follow their lead.”
— Nicole Thompson
Is your child interested in STEM but you’re not sure which class they’ll actually enjoy?
Well, look no further. In our STEM Remix course, we’ll introduce Robotics, Coding and Makerspace to your iGener. Our staff will observe your child and recommend the course that seems best fit for your child. We will offer Coding, Robotics and Makerspace courses in February.
- Children are exposed to three STEM disciplines
- Robotics – The pathway starts with the basics and gradually advances from using coding programs via a simple drag and drop interface to developing complex algorithms. iGeners design and build programmable robots using high quality motors, sensors, gears, wheels, axles, and other technical components with LEGO SPIKE.
- Coding – In this pathway, iGeners will learn to code computer programs through the Scratch 2.0 system. Scratch is a programming language that lets you create your own interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art. Scratch provides iGeners with the platform to develop and apply 21st century skills such as creative thinking, systematic reasoning, and collaboration.
- Makerspace – This is purposefully to foster innovation in our learners. Learners will put innovation to the test through inquiry and project-based activities which embed computational and design thinking. 21st Century technical skills such as electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, and data science are compacted into every project.
- Parents will have a better understanding of their child’s interest
- Parents can schedule appropriate extracurricular activities for their child
- Students will receive many benefits from the programs offered
Dates: January 15, 22, 29 , 2022
Times: Grades K-2: 11-12:30 pm Grades 3-5: 1:00-2:30 pm